Sunday 10 April 2011

Street Pastors

The other night I was out with two friends of mine, and we saw a girl fall over. She was quite clearly drunk. We immediately went over to her to see if she was alright. I then saw a bouncer on his radio. He sent the following message…

“are there any Street Pastors around?”

I didn’t know much about street Pastors, but it made me think ‘wow, these Christians are so valued and relied upon, that this bouncer’s first response to this incident has been to call for them. A few minutes later we saw a few of them in action. This made me want to find out more about them, and I just want to share a video I found.

Cheltenham Street Pastors

What a great way of evangelising, and serving the community. Even if we don’t feel called to be street pastors, should we not all be aiming to be more like this in some way or another? What can we take from this and put into our everyday lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment