Wednesday 27 April 2011

There For Me

As many of you who are close to me will know, about a month ago, my Nanna died. It was very sudden, and was obviously very sad, and a big shock to all of my family. I can only begin to imagine how hard it must be for her children and husband.
I remember though through the whole situation, getting this amazing sense of God just being there; He was taking care of things when she was ill, he ended the suffering in a humane way.
He helped me to mourn – bringing verses on mourning to my head through prayer, moments BEFORE I had found out she was ill. He also gave me great avenues – whether it be speaking at the funeral, or at the Christian Union, or any of the many other ways.
He was there to comfort me; Through his words of comfort in prayer, to the wonderful friends were there for me (you know who you are Smile).
He was there to keep me going – the strength he gave me to get coursework done in that first week, which was also deadline week. This strength came through prayer.
He was there to pick me up; He found the right services for me to listen to and watch, the right words to say to me.
He found my words – when I was speaking to relatives, and words were hard to find, he helped me to do this.
He guided me, including already mentioned verses on mourning, given to me moments before I heard she was ill, as well as getting me to read John 14, with no one knowing I was reading it, and then the next day being asked to read that exact chapter at the funeral.
Thanks for everything Lord,
Thanks for everything friends,
Rest in peice, Nanna

No comments:

Post a Comment